THERE IS NO "THEY"
Delivering Care from the Customer's Perspective
While on a bicycling vacation in 2003, CJ, who is Larry's wife and life partner of 38 years, was involved in an accident that changed their world. Despite wearing a helmet, CJ sustained a closed head injury that put her in a coma for eight weeks, and a persistent vegetative state, from which she emerged seven months later. Going from intensive care to skilled nursing to home healthcare, CJ and Larry have experienced firsthand what it's like to be health care customers.
In this dynamic, humorous, and heart-felt presentation, Larry shows the audience how they can make huge differences in patients' perceptions of the care they receive. Then, to drive home the point, Larry and CJ share their story. It's a story of frustration and reward, despair and hope, tragedy and joy. It's a story that will touch the hearts of the audience and make them glad they have chosen to work in this very noble field.
MASTERING THE STORM OF CHANGE
How to stay up, stay positive and thrive when times are turbulent
Right now, many organizations are facing falling revenues, restricted budgets, reduced growth, and dimming prospects for the future. Like past fluctuations in the economy, this downturn will eventually pass. In the meantime, those who survive, both organizationally and individually will be those who keep their spirits up and never stop looking for new ways to perform more efficiently, effectively and creatively.
Drawing on 22 years of consulting experience with some of the world’s foremost corporations and governmental organizations, Larry Johnson will show you how to make the most of these hard times.
You will learn how to:
- Adapt to new roles and organizational changes so you stay ahead of the curve
- Deliver the best service to customers, even when you’d like to punch them
- Stay positive even when you’re feeling down
- Enhance your chances for job security (not an oxymoron)
- Enjoy your job more and have more fun in the face of doing more with less
- Identify the differences between the things you can change and the things you cannot - and choose the best courses of action for yourself and your organization
- Replace whining and pity parties with proactive, positive performance
- Move forward with your life by creating your own pocket of excellence
- Manage the psychological roller coaster that is a natural part of change
- Apply a three step process for selecting your healthiest options in stressful situations
- Become a black belt change master for your company and for your own life
- Play the hand that’s dealt and move forward
CREATING AN INSANELY POSITIVE AND PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE CULTURE
How you can increase productivity, spur innovation, enhancecustomer satisfaction and reduce employee turnover
Year after year, companies like Google, Johnson & Johnson, and Zappos.com are consistently listed in Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies To Work For. How do they do it? It’s more than onsite health centers and gourmet cafeterias. It’s management practices that inspire employees to contribute their best and then some.
In this presentation, Larry shows how you can apply the same principles to create a great work culture for your own team.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The advantages and limitations of perks & benefits
- The six most important actions a manager can take to keep associates motivated
- Proven tactics to improve productivity and engagement
- Strategies to build morale and increase excitement
- Lessons learned from Google and other Best Places to Work
- How to motivate your team without money
- How to become the manager everyone wants to work for
- Lessons learned from the worst manager you ever had
- Getting bad apple employees back on the company bandwagon
- Recruiting strategies to maintain, grow & develop your office culture
- Performance feedback do’s and don’ts: strategies to maintain morale
- The biggest killers of employee trust and how to avoid them
The Bottom Line: You’ll learn new ways to help your associates innovate more, produce more, and have more fun.
Communicating With Honesty & Integrity
Let’s face it. Straight, honest, no nonsense communication in organizations today is more rare than common. Whether it’s fear of reprisal, natural timidity, or not wanting to hurt someone’s feelings, many of us avoid telling the truth when the truth needs to be told. The same applies to many of those who work for us.
The cost of such reticence can be high. If managers can’t get honest feedback from their associates, they, like the emperor in the fable of the Emperor’s New Clothes, will make foolish decisions. If associates can’t get honest feedback from their managers, they don’t improve, and their poor performance devalues the organization.
In this dynamic, fast-moving and delightfully humorous presentation, Larry shows you how to enhance your leadership skills by establishing a new standard of communication – a standard that encourages honest and candid discussions, frank expression of opinions, and healthy debate. A standard that does not mince words, insists on accountabilty, respects the dignity of others and is guided by a clear sense of ethics.
You will walk away with practical takeaway tools for:
- Creating a culture of accountability and responsibility
- Discussing difficult topics without fracturing relationships
- Correcting performance problems and other tricky issues
- Listening for understanding so you can speak to be understood
- Managing conflict between yourself and others
- Dealing with anger in healthy, productive ways
- Establishing balance between work and home life
Based on Larry Johnson’s top selling Absolute Honesty: Building A Corporate Culture That Values Straight Talk and Rewards Integrity
TURNING CUSTOMERS INTO RAVING FANS
Make sure your customers just DON’T like you - make sure they LOVE YOU
Research at the University of Texas found that customer satisfaction is no guarantee of customer loyalty. Customers who indicated on questionnaires that they were simply "happy" with a product or service were as likely as those who had no opinion at all to abandon the vendor. The only indicator that predicted long-term loyalty was when customers used emotional words like "love" and "adore" to describe the vendor. In other words, if you want your customers to stay with you, they are more likely to do so if they LOVE YOU.
So the question is, how to you get your customers to LOVE YOU?
More to the point, how do the staff who will be attending this presentation with you get your customersto LOVE YOU?
Larry Johnson will show you how. In this fast-paced, entertaining and informative session, you will learn:
- The "5/11 Squared" formula as it applies to word of mouth advertising
- Creating positive customer perception from the first point of contact on
- The importance of timely responses to customer requests
- How to manage customer expectations so you don’t disappoint them
- Five bonding behaviors that will put customers on your side
- The Lagniappe principle that will keep customers on your side
- Five critical questions to empower staff to solve customer complaints
- Turning complaints into opportunities to shine
- Twelve "no no’s" guaranteed to get rid of customers
- How to deal with customer anger in a win/win way
- How to keep your cool when customers are nasty, impolite and rude
- Why delivering great customer service is good for your heart and soul