ALL OF PETER SHEAHAN'S SESSIONS ARE HIGHLY CUSTOMIZED AND DETAILED SESSION DESCRIPTIONS FOLLOW INITIAL BRIEFING AND BACKGROUND RESEARCH
Growing In Uncertain Times: Turning challenge into opportunity, and change into competitive advantage
Stimulating a culture of growth amidst uncertainty begins with leaders taking ownership for their changed reality, unleashing an ambition that drives their team forward, and aligning their people to the new ways of working necessary to create value in the current environment.
In this case-study rich session, Peter Sheahan will unpack how to balance the need for prompt action with the need to maintain the capacity, capability, and engagement required to make the most of the massive opportunities that inevitably emerge from crisis. And he will explore the unique application of these insights in a mostly virtual world.
1. Confidence to take ownership of your role as a leader
2. Unleash a burning ambition to survive, adapt, and grow into the future
3. Actionable insights for making better decisions in the face of ambiguity
4. Road-map for driving alignment
5. Inspired to lean in and do the hard work
High Performance in a Virtual World: Maintaining a culture of accountability and high engagement in the face of COVID-19
Culture is a science, not an art. With the right mindset, team dynamics, and environment, a leader can intentionally curate a culture of accountability, innovation, and high engagement. Doing so remotely presents unique but surmountable challenges that can be overcome by creating a setting for your team where it’s psychologically safe to ask for help, behave in new ways, and pursue progress over perfection. The truth is people don’t really know how to work together as effectively virtually, and collaboration, productivity, and wellbeing are all known to suffer when we get it wrong. Using real world examples, Peter will unpack a blueprint for driving high performance and apply it directly to the new ways of working we must all embrace as a part of social distance based norms.
1. Understand how the role of the leader must change in a virtual world
2. Identify the strategies and tactics at your disposal for influencing behavior
3. Break the myths about tools first, and place the humans in the center of your approach
4. Inspire leaders to make this crisis an opportunity to take their capabilities to the next level
5. Unleash a commitment across your teams to do what it takes to survive and thrive
Leading with Intentional Optimism: Make the shift from defense to offense and seize the opportunities in disruption
Leaders must be pragmatic in the face of the real challenges presented by Covid-19, however at some point they must choose whether they are going to create their future reality or passively accept their fate. Intentional Optimism is a new way of leading that unleashes the agency and influence we all have over our reality and combines the importance of pragmatism with the power of boldness to position ourselves to make the most of opportunity. Participants will explore their own leadership archetype and learn how to avoid the dangers of cynicism over skepticism and dreaming over optimism. The outcome will be the intentional amplification of optimism at a time we need it most.
1. Accept the reality of our current situation, but not see it as worse than it is
2. Unleash a desire to seek and find opportunities amidst the chaos and uncertainty
3. Embrace your role as a leader in building optimism and pragmatism inside of your team
4. Create momentum that infuses your people with the energy required to transform
5. Align your team around a focus beyond survival, giving you an advantage when the market turns
MATTER: Create More Value, Move Beyond the Competition, and Become the Obvious Choice!
As the pace of commoditization accelerates and the emergence of technological disruption threatens our existing business models, we must find ways to remain relevant and differentiated in the hearts and minds of our customers! This inspiring, case-study rich session will show you how to find opportunity in disruption to reverse the downward spiral of commoditization and matter more to your customers than your competition. This journey will require that you:
• Understand the difference between value creation and value extraction
• Move towards the very disruption that challenges you and your customers
• Elevate your Impact in the Five Critical Dimensions that clients and customers value most during times of rapid change
• Elevate your Perspective by learning at the ‘Edge of Disruption’ and becoming a thought leader in the business models of tomorrow
• Elevate your Relationships to position you not just as a trusted adviser but as a strategic partner for your customers
• Act in a way worthy of your desired leadership position
FL!P: Creative Strategies for Turning Challenge into Opportunity, and Change into Competitive Advantage
The fact that the world is changing is not new to anyone. The more important question is, what do we need to do in the face of change? Whether you are dealing with disruptive technology, shifts in customer expectations, or changes in regulation, as a leader you must apply an innovative approach to effectively navigate disruptive forces. In this provocative, research-based session, we will inspire you to:
• Embrace change and break free from thinking that made you successful in the past but could undermine your success in the future
• Re-think competitive advantage and leverage intangibles to manufacture tangible points of difference in your market
• Improve your margins by driving non-sexy innovation and finding new ways to innovate across the value-chain
• Turn chaos into opportunity by leading the market in response to new regulation, customer expectations, and technological disruption
• Take the intelligent risks required to innovate and drive change within your organization and industry
ACCELERATED GROWTH: Building organizations and teams capable of sustaining growth through a culture of innovation, courageous leadership, and aligned individuals
As the cliché suggests, you are either growing or you are dying. But in today’s marketplace, it’s no longer about growing or not. It is about growing faster today than we did yesterday, and doing so in spite of the larger base we now operate. In this engaging, case-study rich session, we will unlock the keys to accelerating growth in your team and your organization in order to:
• Help you understand the difference between arbitrary double-digit growth targets and true ambition
• Define the levers you can pull to create a growth-enabled culture defined by innovation, excellence, and accountability
• Provoke you to reflect on the critical role you play as a leader to unleash the necessary appetite for intelligent risk-taking and action orientation required for growth
• Introduce you to the three critical questions required to ensure market relevance and position your organization for accelerated growth
• Orient your thinking towards alignment and the reduction of friction inside your organization
Are your leaders getting the most from their people? Are you attracting and retaining the best possible talent? In Talent Revolution, best-selling author, and architect of dozens of powerful human capital strategies for organizations around the world, Peter Sheahan’s case-study rich session will:
• Help you understand the changing expectations of talent so you can transform organization into a magnet for smart and engaged people
• Explore the changing nature of leadership and outline new models for developing capability in your organization, and driving the alignment of people and strategy
• Share proven approaches to driving collaboration inside and outside your 4 walls and harness the discretionary efforts of people on and off your payroll
• Give you direct insight into what some of the world’s best companies are doing to win the war for talent
In today’s hyper competitive world talent is your source of competitive advantage. this session will put you on the cutting-edge of this critical strategic issue.
Making Money in the Cracks: Counter- Intuitive Strategies for Finding and Exploiting New Market Opportunities
Unleash innovation in your company by knowing how to find the opportunity in the “white space”. Inspire leaders to take the risks necessary to make money in the white space and discover creative solutions to business problems by facilitating interdisciplinary thought. Attendees will learn how to build structures that not only generate, but shine light on the best ideas in your business and how to break the cultural norms that squash the innovative new ideas you need to thrive.
Moving the Market: Accelerate Your Impact by Influencing How and Why Buyers Make Decisions
Ensure that your sales process is sophisticated enough for today’s buyer by capitalizing on the science behind the way people think, act and buy. Learn how the world’s most profitable companies avoid competing on price, and how you can too.
Making It Happen: Unleashing the Entrepreneurial Spirit and Turning Your Good Ideas into Great Results
There is no shortage of ideas in the world. There is a shortage of people with the ability to transform those ideas into reality. Combining the need for imagination and action, ‘Making it Happen’ will go deep into the secrets of positioning ideas, products and services in a way that makes people not only pay attention, but to part with their time, money and energy. There is no point having a new idea, developing your new strategy or embarking on a journey of transformation if your people can’t make it happen in the real world.