UP, DOWN, OR SIDEWAYS:
How to Succeed When Times are Good, Bad, or In Between
Discover practical ways to prepare for and deal with change - good, bad or otherwise - by focusing on the mindsets and methods that never change.
Predicting the future is easy; predicting it correctly is very hard. Since we can’t be certain of what the future holds, what should we always be doing to ensure our success regardless of what happens?
Originally created to help audiences through the aftermath of the economic downturn of 2008, this presentation contains strategies and tips extremely relevant to the COVID-19 crisis and any other unimaginable situations.
• Examines the mindsets and methods that enable us to succeed come what may
• Teaches a practical way of preparing for and dealing with change
• Helps listeners to focus on those things that should never change
• Shows the audience how to make the most of up, down, and sideways situations
• Improves company morale and inspires teams to push through challenging times
• Advises what to do when coming out of a crisis
THE INTENTION IMPERATIVE:
3 ESSENTIAL CHANGES THAT WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER LEADER TODAY
Nobody ever got to the top of Mount Everest accidentally. Summiting the highest peak in the world takes clarity and intention, and so does leading successfully.
Intentional Leadership = Clarity (knowing clearly where you want to go) + Intentionality (taking consistent action to get there). Clarity without consistent action is daydreaming. Consistent action without clarity is wasted time and effort.
Just as the tools of successful mountaineering have changed and improved over time, so have the requirements of intentional leadership. Based on 33 years of working with organizations globally, teaching leaders, and observing powerful shifts, Mark Sanborn has identified three essential areas of focus for leaders in the world.
YOUR AUDIENCE WILL RECOGNIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF:
• Inspiration: motivation to the power of purpose
• Culture: creating the engine that sustains vision and values while achieving desired results
• Emotion: designing for and delivering positive emotions for customers and employees
THE POTENTIAL PRINCIPLE: HOW THE BEST GET BETTER
How do you keep getting better if you are already among the best? This is a critical question for successful leaders and organizations. What happens when complacency, outdated thinking or weariness stunts performance? What do leaders do when growth stalls, or when their teams are working below their true potential?
In this presentation, Mark Sanborn provides the answer and teaches four powerful tools your audience can use to pursue their potential.
YOUR AUDIENCE WILL LEARN:
• Why you must pursue your potential and not settle for simply achieving your goals
• How to disrupt yourself before somebody else does
• Three ways to become laser-focused on doing things that produce the biggest results
• A powerful way to think that gives you a competitive advantage over others
THE FRED FACTOR:
HOW PASSION IN YOUR WORK & LIFE CAN TURN THE ORDINARY INTO THE EXTRAORDINARY
In this inspiring presentation, Mark Sanborn shares four life-changing lessons he has learned from Fred, an extraordinary postal carrier. Based on his New York Times and international bestseller, The Fred Factor, Mark will teach how no one can be prevented from choosing to be exceptional.
As a result, your audience will be able to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary and the mundane into the magnificent in their personal and professional lives.
YOUR AUDIENCE WILL DISCOVER HOW TO:
• Build better relationships with customers and colleagues to improve overall work performance
• Create new value for others without spending a dime
• Elevate the customer experience for everyone
• Stay motivated and engaged every day for maximum working life enjoyment
YOU DON’T NEED A TITLE TO BE A LEADER:
HOW ANYONE, ANYWHERE, CAN MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE
Based on over three decades of working with some of the world’s best leaders and companies, this keynote focuses on the true heart of leadership: making things better for others (and you don’t need a title to do that).
Mark Sanborn proves how anyone at any level and regardless of title can make a significant contribution and a positive difference.
YOUR AUDIENCE WILL WALK AWAY WITH:
• The six fundamental skills of leadership that nearly all leaders practice
• How to create an army of lions where everyone knows when and how to lead
• How to maximize the only three resources any organization possesses
• Over a dozen ways that leaders communicate differently than others