Shasta Nelson, M.Div., a friendship expert, is a leading voice on creating healthy relationships in her efforts to eradicate the growing loneliness in our world. Her spirited and soulful voice for meaningful connections can be found in her books Frientimacy: How to Deepen Friendships for Lifelong Health and Happiness and Friendships Don’t Just Happen! The Guide to Creating a Meaningful Circle of GirlFriends. She is Founder of GirlFriendCircles.com, her tribe of women committed to creating more friendships in this world and teaches monthly friendship skill-building classes at The Friendship University. In addition to speaking across the country, she is also a frequent contributor to the media appearing on TV shows such as Katie Couric and The Today Show, and in countless magazines and newspapers including The New York Times, Good Housekeeping, Health, and Forbes.
RELATIONSHIPS: THE HEALTH FACTOR MORE IMPORTANT THAN TREADMILLS AND KALE
Feeling disconnected is as damaging to our health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day; twice as harmful as being obese; and is the equivalent of being a lifelong alcoholic.
Research continues to show that the most significant factor to our longevity, mental health, disease prevention, and happiness in our relationships – and yet the health industry continues to focus largely on diet and exercise.
This inspiring keynote will energize the audience with research, stories, and Shasta Nelson’s groundbreaking work on how to increase the depth in all our relations.
As a result of this program, attendees will:
- Learn what science is showing us about the damage of loneliness and the benefit of relational health
- Identify what constitutes as loneliness and why all of us should be concerned
- Acknowledge their own need for greater relational health
- Identify the three requirements of all healthy relationships and how they work together
- Choose the requirement that will make the biggest difference in their personal life
THE BUSINESS OF RELATIONSHIPS: DEVELOPING HEALTHY AND HAPPY EMPLOYEES
Did you know that employees who have meaningful relationships at work are seven times more likely to be engaged in their job, treat customers better, take fewer sick days, have fewer workplace accidents, share their opinions and collaborate more, and feel more committed to their current company?
Creating an environment where friendships are encouraged and nurtured benefits both the company and the employee.
Meaningful friendships at work are effective solutions for employee retention, increased engagement, customer service, and increased revenue. Employees who have friendships at work (where they spend more time than any other place) show an increase in good health and overall happiness in all aspects of their lives.
This fun and interactive presentation teaches the best ways to build a culture of friendliness in appropriate, effective, and healthy ways.
- Customized for each audience, attendees will:
- Discover the latest research on how relationships at work impact employee engagement and retention
- Identify the three requirements of all healthy relationships and how they work together in our organizations
- Decide which of the three requirements would make the biggest positive difference in your organizational culture
FRIENTIMACY: THE THREE REQUIREMENTS OF HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
Relationships are central to everything we do. And although the world may seem hyper-connected these days, studies show people feel lonelier than ever. This signature talk by Shasta Nelson reveals research around three important requirements for every healthy relationship.
Compiling what we know about what bonds people, how healthy teams work, what builds trust, and why we feel closer to some people, some non-negotiables can start, deepen, and repair any relationships. Each audience will learn how to best assess which type is their go-to, and learn what actions they can to take to overcome their loneliness and create a more meaningful community in their lives.
As a result of this program, attendees will:
- Describe the three requirements of relationships
- Assess their relational health (whether with their team or in their personal life)
- Identify which of the three factors would make the biggest difference to their relational joy
- Learn what they can do to improve every relationship in their life
- Feel inspired to look at their relationships in a whole new way
© 2022 Executive Speakers Bureau. All Rights Reserved.
Design and Developed by eBiz Solutions
Executive Speakers Bureau consistently receives praises about our speed and efficiency. From the beginning of your event planning, our extensive online speaker database and resourceful staff allow us to quickly equip you with the best speaker for your event.
Need a last minute speaker? No worries. Our speed and efficiency help us give you ideas for speakers in one hour or less.