IGNITING THE VITALITY FACTOR
Taking Leadership to the Next Level in an On-Demand World
In this keynote, Sara Ross will share the missing piece of the success equation that all too often is over-looked and under-valued. The thing that not only fuels people and organizations but amplifies their emotional and intellectual abilities, while strengthening their capacity to buffer the impact of stress. This key piece is what Sara calls the Vitality Factor.
This isn’t just about stress management, time management or simply sleeping more and working less. This is about strategy. How to move performance and leadership to the next level in an on-demand world where an abundance of information, distractions, and expectations are unrelentingly pulling on time, energy and attention.
The research is clear, how an organization manages that vitality factor will either burn their people out or allow them to burn bright and bring their best work forward.
Sara will leave audiences with fresh insights, practical know-how and the inspiration to make things happen as she shares how to implement the right kind of vitality boosting practices to help leaders show-up day after day with energy, focus and enthusiasm, including:
- The three biggest misconceptions leading to over-stressed, under-fueled brains and how this deceivingly influences decisions, effectiveness and performance impact;
- A Key Vitality Indicator (KVI) system to identify the tipping point where more work becomes counterproductive and healthy challenge becomes unhealthy stress;
- A Brain C.A.R.E. Scorecard to identify capacity drainers (including email and meeting depletion), and how to re-engineer practices that expand productive vitality ranges;
- Insights to help leaders shift from inadvertently being a Vitality-Depleter to a positive Vitality Ambassador by multiplying each of these practices across teams and workplaces.
WELCOME TO THE ENERGY REVOLUTION
The Science of Powering Up in Life and Leadership
In this keynote, Sara Ross will share scientifically backed, game-changing strategies based on the physiology of unmanaged stress and its impact on results and relationships. She will discuss how top performing “Energy Guardians”, don’t just work smarter but they also rest better.
Building off her ten years of studying the neuroscience of emotional intelligence and mounting evidence showing the impact of vitality on relationships, performance, and leadership, Sara will show how everyday people working in high-stress, high-expectation environments such as hospital administrators, air traffic controllers and tech engineers, have become some of the best in their field by changing how they power down to more impactfully power up.
Audiences will leave with practical and easy-to-implement strategies while feeling motivated by new insights and fresh perspectives including:
- Redefining what it means to practice restoration by examining the two biggest misconceptions people have around recovery; that slowing down is the only way to refill energy and that the absence of work is the same as the presence of recovery;
- Analyzing a personal Recovery Index to identify energy leaks and opportunities for increasing energy amplifiers;
- Identifying the three critical factors that must be managed to practice recovery in the most time-starved, expectation-heavy environments; and
- Exploring strategies to manage the ultimate energy robber, Digital Depletion.
THE FUTUREOF LEADERSHIP
How Workplaces Thrive in a Pressure Economy
In a world defined by unrelenting pressure, it’s not surprising that a 2018 StressPulse survey found almost 60% of people reported being “highly stressed.” In response to the increasing intensity, the World Economic Forum ranked emotional intelligence as one of the top five business priorities people need to invest in to succeed in the future. And yet, as certain as the research is in demonstrating that it is a powerful predictor of performance and organizational success, studies and stories from across the globe indicate that it is harder than ever to build.
Whether a seasoned executive, middle manager or a driven individual performer, in this keynote you will learn that the answers to this question are grounded in the practices of emotional intelligence. Building on cutting-edge insights from the fields of business, mindfulness, positive psychology and neuroscience, as well as her latest research, Sara will share:
- The top three drivers of leadership excellence and the mindsets that separate the best from the rest;
- How the brain influences performance, relationships and emotional energy in today’s pressure-filled workplaces;
- An in-the-moment strategy to respond more skillfully in difficult situations to increase perspective, focus and calm;
- A practical, yet counterintuitive approach to strengthening the skill of empathy and influence without exhausting yourself!
SARA CAN CUSTOMIZE HER KEYNOTES TO ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Sales & Customer Service
- Collaboration & Engagement
- Disruption & Change
- Women Leading with Emotional Intelligence