$15,000 - $20,000
$10,000 - $15,000
Melody Wilding is an executive and leadership coach for smart, sensitive high-achievers who are tired of getting in their own way. Through her coaching programs, talks, small-group workshops, and articles, she’s here to help you break free from self-doubt and overwhelm, master your emotions, and use your sensitivity as the superpower that it is.
Recently named one of Business Insider’s “Most Innovative Coaches”, Melody coined the groundbreaking idea of “sensitive striving.” She has helped CEOs, leaders, and top performers at the world’s most successful companies including Google, Facebook, JP Morgan, Verizon, and more. Her work has been featured in The New York Times, The Oprah Magazine, NBC News, and dozens of other high-profile publications.
Melody is a Sensitive Striver herself, a licensed social worker with a Master's degree from Columbia University, and a former researcher at Rutgers University. She is a professor of Human Behavior at Hunter College and is a contributor to Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Business Insider.
When she’s not helping professionals thrive at the workplace, you’ll find Melody listening to podcasts and geeking out over all things productivity, habits, and psychology.
Most Requested Topics: Can be fireside chats, keynotes, workshops or breakouts.
Trust Yourself: Sensitivity as Superpower in the Workplace
What if you were neglecting the value of 20% of your workforce? A report by the World Economic Forum on the future of jobs states that by 2025, skills like critical thinking, problem-solving, self-management, working with people, and communication will be the most in demand. One often overlooked group of employees disproportionately exemplifies these traits, and can be your superheroes in the workplace of today – and tomorrow. They are called Sensitive Strivers.
Based on Melody’s book, Trust Yourself: Stop Overthinking and Channel Your Emotions for Success at Work, this keynote, presents a visionary approach to reframing sensitivity and achievement in the workplace.
Attendees will walk away with strategies to fully leverage the assets Sensitive Strivers have to offer in order to boost engagement, innovation, revenue and more.
- Identify Sensitive Strivers within your team or organization and their unique superpowers
- Clarify the ROI on sensitivity in the workplace in terms of business results and culture
- Discover strategies for thriving and gaining confidence as a Sensitive Striver
- Learn how to work with, manage, and lead Sensitive Strivers for better outcomes
Find Freedom From Imposter Syndrome
Imposter syndrome is a phenomenon where high-achievers think they’re inadequate and incapable. It causes smart professionals to doubt their competence, despite their accomplishments. Up to 50% of both men and women struggle with imposter syndrome weekly. Burnout, the most common consequence of imposter syndrome, costs the economy over $190 billion each year.
Attendees will walk away with greater confidence to take on new assignments and make a greater contribution in the workplace. They will also have tactics to apply to build a team culture that cultivates employee’s confidence.
- Identify the signs and behaviors of imposter syndrome in you or your staff
- Stay calm and composed in the face of stress instead of freezing under pressure
- Halt sabotaging thoughts in their path and build an empowering inner dialogue
- Apply techniques to lead others through imposter syndrome
Saying No & Setting Boundaries at Work with Grace and Professionalism
Setting boundaries at work is more important – but harder to do – than ever before. Yet eighty-five percent of workers say their well-being has declined in the past year due in large part to rising workloads, according to Harvard Business Review.
Boost employee satisfaction, productivity, and retention rates by arming your team with skills and mindset they need to say no and set limits with grace and professionalism.
- Develop a growth mindset and overcome mental obstacles like fear and guilt that stand in the way of saying no
- Discover actionable strategies for pushing back respectfully and diplomatically
- Learn how to communicate boundaries to managers, leaders, and teammates and negotiate for your needs
- Cultivate greater focus and assertiveness to boost leadership capability
Speak Up, Be Heard: How to be More Assertive at Work
Right now your best contributors may be holding back their brilliant ideas. Fear of conflict, people-pleasing, and perfectionism hold smart, successful professionals back from speaking up at work, even when they know they should.
Equip your top performers to make an impact through the skill of assertive communication. Attendees will discover how to get their voice heard and communicate with more personal power and presence. This is perfect for teams and professionals who want to improve their confidence and comfort level in common workplace scenarios like meetings, communicating with senior leaders, and giving feedback.
- Ways to project more executive presence
- Techniques to overcome mindset blocks holding high potential employees back from contributing
- How to advocate for yourself in the workplace and achieve more influence and visibility
- Tips to be a concise, powerful communicator in written and spoken communication
All The Feels: Managing Emotions at Work to Beat Burnout & Perform Under Pressure
Today’s workers are under more stress than ever before. In fact, over 79 percent of professionals are experiencing symptoms of burnout according to the American Psychological Association. As a result, emotions are running high – even when teams are distributed.
Your employees may be wrestling with fear, worry, disappointment, frustration and more. And these negative emotions block them from performing at their best and contributing at the highest level. In this talk, workers will discover strategies to boost their emotional intelligence, self-management, and resilience.
- Increase emotional intelligence by understanding emotional reactions and their impact
- Practice techniques to stay calm and composed under pressure
- Navigate emotions to communicate clearly and respectfully in difficult conversations
- Making decisions in stressful situations
© 2023 Executive Speakers Bureau. All Rights Reserved.
Design and Developed by eBiz Solutions
Executive Speakers Bureau consistently receives praises about our speed and efficiency. From the beginning of your event planning, our extensive online speaker database and resourceful staff allow us to quickly equip you with the best speaker for your event.
Need a last minute speaker? No worries. Our speed and efficiency help us give you ideas for speakers in one hour or less.