$10,000 - $15,000
No videos found.
Before he became a reality television star, Terry L. Fossum was born in the poorest city in the United States, surrounded by gangs and drugs. When he has 14 years old, he was staring down the barrel of an assault rifle in his own back alley. In high school, his father was killed. Before he died, a neighbor came up and informed him “none of your kids will ever grow up to be anything.”
Terry overcame great odds to be the Executive Officer for an entire Group of nuclear B-52 aircraft. Following that, he developed sales teams around the world and became a multimillion-dollar earner. With a passion for helping others, he further applies his leadership skills to philanthropic causes around the globe.
An avid adventurer, he once again overcame great odds as the oldest competitor on the ultimate survival competition ‘Kicking & Screaming’ on Fox network, leading a complete novice, an online video gamer, through the perils of the Fijian jungle against fierce competitors, winning the entire show. He used that win to springboard an acting career, appearing online, on television and movies, and is now a movie producer as well.
The author of four highly-lauded self-improvement books, Terry’s energetic, humorous and personable speaking style leaves audiences laughing, crying, and, most importantly, performing at a level they may never have thought possible.
HAVE YOU EVER REACHED FOR A GOAL, AND FAILED?
EVER WONDERED WHY?
As the Space Shuttle is on the launch pad, all three main engines are firing at full power, and yet it sits there, unmoving. No matter how much energy it may have, and how much potential, it goes nowhere.
Because eight relatively tiny bolts are holding it back.
Then, at T minus 0, explosive charges go off, blowing the bolts and allowing the space shuttle to achieve Lift-Off; to soar to great heights, and achieve what it was meant to achieve.
Each of us has eight bolts that hold us back as well, and until we identify and overcome them, we can never perform at our peak potential.
In this energy-charged keynote, Terry skillfully and humorously addresses the first three bolts, helping audiences overcome their fears, stop making excuses, and embrace failure as a welcomed component of Success.
Throughout the experience, Terry weaves in his family story of overcoming great odds to becoming a military leader, a self-made millionaire and winning Fox’s ultimate survival challenge, Kicking & Screaming on prime-time television, and his brother becoming a U.S. Astronaut. Includes footage from Terry’s show, and a personal message from the International Space Station.
- Be inspired by an amazing story of overcoming tremendous obstacles, and achieving great accomplishments.
Depending on time constraints, choose from the following eight ‘bolts’:
- COMPLACENCY kills business. Get out of the ‘this is how we’ve always done it’ trap and move forward with fresh ideas! Take a whole new look at your business, your employees, everything!
- FATIGUE happens over time and people become uninspired. Learn how to refocus and re-energize your team.
- SELF DOUBT sneaks into most everyone and holds us back from utilizing our innate talents. Break free and shine!
- TIME WASTERS kill production, and it happens way more than we think!
- ATTITUDE is everything. We know that, but how do we foster the best possible attitudes? Simple techniques make all the difference
- Identify the EXCUSES they allowed to get in the way of achieving their goals in the past, and no longer give them the power to do so
- Learn to look past the FEARs that paralyzes us, and focus fully on our goals and dreams
- Embrace FAILURE, understanding that it doesn’t knock you off the path to success, it IS the path to success; and if you’re not failing, you’re not on any path at all!
In the past, we’ve taught the principles of leadership. Whereas that’s important, those who want to truly excel on a massive basis focus not as much on BEING the leader, but on CREATING leaders.
Therefore the next generation of leadership training shows the critical difference between the two styles and prepares our leaders of today to create and inspire the leaders of tomorrow.
Terry draws upon his real-life leadership experience as the Executive Officer for an entire Group of Nuclear-B52 Bombers, creator of sales teams around the globe (becoming a self-made millionaire), the non-profit world, and even the winner of a leadership-based survival reality show on prime time network TV!
- Be able to understand the critical difference between BEING a leader, and CREATING leaders
- Identify the 10 MUST DO’S of creating leaders in your organization
- Avoid the 5 most common pitfalls that kill leaders in the field
- Know how to identify, work with and teach the 4 Stages of Team Development
- Learn how to focus and inspire a team to new heights
- Leave with information and inspiration to take action NOW!
© 2023 Executive Speakers Bureau. All Rights Reserved.
Design and Developed by eBiz Solutions
Executive Speakers Bureau consistently receives praises about our speed and efficiency. From the beginning of your event planning, our extensive online speaker database and resourceful staff allow us to quickly equip you with the best speaker for your event.
Need a last minute speaker? No worries. Our speed and efficiency help us give you ideas for speakers in one hour or less.