The Coach+Leader: Why Doctors Who Coach Save More Lives
Keynote Summary One (60 to 90 min)
Ideal audiences include: Physicians, Nursing and Clinical Leaders and Quality Professionals.
"I've spent over 30 years as a physician and medical director and the most important lessons from treating thousands of patients can be summarized in 3 key points”:
- Patients expect us to work as teams
- Patient centered teams need a coach
- Every physician has a coaching role
In his quest to improve quality, Dr. Brian Wong spent 10 years researching hundreds of hospitals to identify and connect what matters most to patients to how physicians practice. Dr. Wong will provide practical solutions that physicians and clinical leaders can easily embed into their daily practice to improve quality without adding more to their workload.
These patient driven solutions will result in:
- Improved physician/staff communications
- Understanding the root cause of recurring quality challenges
- Stronger physician engagement through improved role design
- Improved staff problem solving and team performance
Dr. Wong will help your physicians and clinical leaders connect how they practice to what matters most to patients. They'll gain the ability to create the right conditions for teamwork that promote patient trust. Quality of care dramatically improves when you give physicians the knowledge they need to become Coach+Leaders.
Transform your physicians into Coach+Leaders: Why doctors who coach save more lives
Keynote Summary Two (60 to 90 min)
Ideal audiences include: Executive Leadership and Board Members.
As a physician and medical director, Dr. Brian Wong spent the past 10 years designing solutions for medical staffs and clinical leaders that target organizational challenges and have the most impact on improving the patient experience and quality. In our industry's current state, we treat the symptoms of poor physician and staff relations, reduced engagement and ineffective teamwork, instead of seeking a more foundational cure. This workshop will give the knowledge every leader and board must have to address the root cause of these challenges. Dr. Wong’s patient driven solutions stop the recurring costs associated with dealing with the same challenges repeatedly, while bringing your medical staff and clinical leaders together to achieve:
- Improved physician/staff performance by encouraging patient centered problem solving teams
- Improved patient physician communication through a shared organizational role design
- Improved engagement, accountability and quality of care with a focus on physician led coaching
Join Dr. Wong as he provides you with a comprehensive, curative approach that ensures your physicians and clinical leaders are better positioned to improve patient care on a daily basis.
Where improving quality begins: The Patient Driven Leadership Practice
Discovery Session summary (3 hours to full-day retreat/workshop)
This Discovery Forum is ideal for multidisciplinary audiences and can be customized for: Administrative Leadership, Board, Physicians, Nursing and Staff.
This interactive forum engages audiences with individual and team exercises that lead to a shared practice based on what matters most to patients. You’ll gain clarity on what specific actions we can take to have a greater impact on improving patient care. This Patient Driven Practice will:
- Improve the patient experience by initiating a coaching culture
- Advance team performance with an organizational role description
- Elevate group problem solving to an organizational competency
Dr. Wong will help your organization develop a shared practice designed to create conditions for patient trust. We'll define the requisite steps needed to mobilize your organization into patient centered problem solving teams, and begin improving quality of care daily, without adding more to our workloads.