Dr. Simone Ahuja is pioneering the idea of “intrapreneurship” and teaching organizations how to act more like fast and frugal startups, to drive sustainable innovation.
Simone is the founder of Blood Orange, a global innovation and strategy firm headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She is co-author of the international bestseller, Jugaad Innovation, called “the most comprehensive book yet on the subject” of frugal innovation by the Economist. Her latest book, Disrupt-It-Yourself (HarperCollins Leadership), shares a clear set of tools and a practical playbook that helps organizations drive sustainable innovation by supporting “intrapreneurship” and acting more like fast and frugal startups.
Simone has served as an advisor to MIT’s Practical Impact Alliance and Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge. She provides keynotes, interactive workshops, and innovation advisory services to organizations including United HealthGroup, 3M, Procter & Gamble, Target Corp, Stanley Black & Decker, and the World Economic Forum. She serves on the Board of Trustees of the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, is regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review online, and a practitioner of improvisational comedy.
Cracking the Intrapreneur’s Code: How To Think and Act Like a Startup in Large Organizations
Innovation isn’t just for R & D and the organizational elite. Some of the most impactful innovations come from passion and purpose-driven intrapreneurs – entrepreneurs in your organization without a formal mandate to innovate. Cracking the Intrapreneur’s Code empowers and inspires your intrapreneurs to take action through memorable stories, a clear process, and a whole lot of fun. Based on research from her book Disrupt It Yourself, Simone presents a proven approach to guide your intrapreneurs from ideas to innovation impact.
This program is perfect for leaders and teams who want to:
- Address disruption by out-innovating from within their organization
- Build a culture where everyone feels empowered to innovate – and knows how to do it
- Drive more innovation every day – without upending their entire organization
The audience will leave with:
- A clear framework for everyone to activate innovation
- A simple and proven action plan to accelerate ideas into bottom-line impact
- The creative confidence they need to get into intrapreneurial action
Revolution is an Inside Job: How to Think and Act Like an Internal Entrepreneur
Do you have ideas about changes needed in your organization but don’t have a clear pathway to bring them to life? Is problem-solving in your blood, but maybe not in your job description? Each of us can be a leader and changemaker – but what happens when we question the status quo within our division or industry?
In this interactive, practical, and fast-paced keynote, explore what you need to light your intrapreneurial fire. Examine the top challenges of successful intrapreneurs (internal entrepreneurs) and map strategies to navigate these in your life.
This session is perfect for leaders and teams who want to:
- Build a consistent pipeline for innovation and innovation talent
- Build a culture where everyone feels empowered to innovate
- Create a more inclusive culture that catalyzes innovation
The audience will learn to:
- Identify and develop ideas that will have the highest impact on your organization.
- Leverage a process that allows them to test ideas in low risk, high impact ways
- Get comfortable with so-called “failures” and re-frame them as learning.
Fast and Frugal Intrapreneurship: Solving Problems Now with the Resources You Already Have
Thinking like an entrepreneur isn’t just for startups. Solving even the biggest problems starts with you and the resources you already have. What you need is the right mindset and a simple toolkit to get you there.
Based on her research in emerging markets and her bestselling book, Jugaad Innovation, Simone shares inspiring stories of frugal innovators who solve problems large and small with the right mindset and a set of guiding principles. This high-value, low-resource approach to problem-solving occurs at the intersection of business, design, and social innovation.
This program is perfect for leaders and teams who:
- Want to create more business value with fewer resources consistently
- Want to democratize innovation, so it’s the domain of all employees
- Feel challenged and stressed by having to grow the business with less time and fewer resources.
The audience will learn to:
- Use your creativity to reframe problems as opportunities
- Gain support for new ideas to move faster and have a greater impact
- Leverage existing resources so they can start problem-solving now
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as a Catalyst for Innovation: A Roadmap for Creating Opportunities to Uncover Bias and Drive Innovation
Innovation is the most powerful way for organizations to stay relevant and grow in our rapidly evolving world. By increasing the diversity of their teams and creating space for diverse voices to be heard, business leaders can dramatically increase their innovation output. In this energizing and optimistic keynote, Dr. Ahuja shares engaging stories demonstrating why diverse teams create more “out of the box” ideas and drive nearly 20% higher revenue. She provides a fun and often surprising experience that uncovers your own biases in real-time and shares practical tools for building the psychological safety fundamental to successful innovation and business growth.
This program is great for the leaders and teams who:
- Want to reduce bias and build a more inclusive and curious culture
- Want to build a healthy culture of psychological safety to support diverse voices and ideas
- Want to harness curiosity to drive more inclusion and innovation
The audience will leave with:
- A crystal clear connection between DEI and innovation/business growth
- A clear strategy for removing barriers to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proven steps to navigate difficult conversations that fuel DEI and innovation
© 2024 Executive Speakers Bureau. All Rights Reserved.
Design and Developed by eBiz Solutions
Executive Speakers Bureau consistently receives praises about our speed and efficiency. From the beginning of your event planning, our extensive online speaker database and resourceful staff allow us to quickly equip you with the best speaker for your event.
Need a last minute speaker? No worries. Our speed and efficiency help us give you ideas for speakers in one hour or less.