$20,000 - $30,000
$15,000 - $20,000
Described as endlessly optimistic, Nancy Giordano is a strategic futurist with a drive to help enterprise organizations and visionary leaders transform to meet the escalating expectations ahead.
Recognized as one of the world’s top female futurists, she has spent her career building, shaping and guiding a portfolio of $50 billion worth of major global brands.
With growing conviction of what will (and needs to) shift, executives value her unique abilities to sense and synthesize the terrain ahead and guide those ready to build more relevant and sustainable solutions.
Nancy built a formidable career at several of the most influential ad agencies in NY, Chicago, and LA and for more than a decade has been the Founder/CEO of Play Big Inc., a strategic inspiration company. Her current work dives deeply into the emerging intersection of tech, business and society.
Nancy has a rich history of advising and learning with some of the top companies in the world, including Nestle, Brinker International, The Coca Cola Company, Sprint and Acumen. More recently, she has helped build the team for an artificial intelligence start-up, produced a conference on the seven most disruptive technologies for enterprise, is board member for a non-profit trade organization focused on the future of retail, and is working with a leading fintech/martech provider to ensure the survival of community banks and credit unions nationwide. She also helping usher in the world of distributed applications and computing by championing emergent cryptographic technologies Holochain + Holo.
A frequent panelist at South by Southwest, global keynote speaker, Singularity University guest lecture, and world’s first TEDx licensee, Nancy Giordano is committed to advancing societal structures and new mindsets necessary to effectively harness the significant technology innovations heading our way… and ensure a safe and thriving future for us all.
Just One Percent In: Preparing for the “First Productivity Revolution”
When you speak with the visionaries, technologists and entrepreneurs building the solutions of tomorrow—from on-demand retail to remote surgery—and ask how far into this new era we are, almost universally the reply is: “only one percent”. For many that is exciting, but it can also be overwhelming. What will it mean for your organization? Insights include:
• Learning what’s on the horizon and the potential impacts.
• Moving beyond industrial era mindsets and reframing risk.
• What makes this moment especially potent.
• How to prepare when the future is an exponentially moving target.
• The evolution of societal scaffolding.
• Why purpose matters more than ever.
• How work processes are shifting and changing shape.
2030+ | The Beyond Economy + How We Can All Build at Better Next
We are standing at the front end of an astronomical shift in how the world will work. And change will happen fast, with some predicting more than fourteen internet size revolutions in the next decade. As we pull out of a once-in-a-lifetime crisis, both technological advances and mounting societal breakdowns are reshaping what comes next. Can you imagine where we’ll be ten years from now? How about 50? What will happen when:
• We have increasing global abundance?
• Everything, everywhere is connected?
• Demonetization and democratization of legacy models accelerates?
• We have extended human longevity and health?
• Super intelligence with brain/computer interfaces is achieved?
• GDP is replaced with a more accurate measure of economic prosperity?
• We reprioritize for ecological regeneration and environmental stability?
• We redesign the future with confidence and care?
The Necessary Shift From Leadership to Leadering.
Adjusting to a post-COVID world as we advance into a transformative new era can be challenging, especially as structures and tactics put in place to reduce risk in the 20th Century, are now often the very things creating vulnerability in the 21st Century. This moment demands that we shift from thinking of leadership as static, hierarchical and focused on short-term growth, to embracing it as a dynamic, inclusive and constantly learning practice, in order to build long-term value. Key takeaways are:
• The set of new practices and approaches that 21st Century stewardship
• How to embrace both change and complexity with greater confidence.
• Envisioning the future you want to build.
• Ditching the playbook and navigating with a compass instead.
• Why preparation not planning is key to future success.
• How to make peace with paradox.
• The necessity to rethink risk
• Change your mindset, change the world.
The New Org “Chart”.
Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning) is about to hit the long-anticipated exponential curve, radically shifting organizations. The next three years are critical to either becoming an AI-led organization—or risk being taken over as a subsidiary of one—which is why we must prepare now to make the most of the huge productivity leap coming towards us.
• How fast-growing advances in machine learning will revolutionize how business is done… in just the next three years
• The need to leverage extensive ecosystems as siloes collapse
• The new talent landscape
• Why trust is paramount as predictive data analysis provides unprecedented insights
• The responsibility of navigating the vast opportunities ahead with the intention
• The very human side to tech productivity advances
Creating The Future You Want To See: (aka Inspiring Generations To Come).
Witnessing glaring climate crises, environmental degradation, rising inequality and violence, and on-going tech disruption, unprepared youth are experiencing unprecedented levels of depression and anxiety, horrifying rates of suicide, and growing obesity epidemic. Instead of being fearful, how can we prepare and empower them for such a fast-moving + continuously unfolding future? How do we inspire a more positive narrative and instill a sense of agency to act, shape and build what’s coming to ensure a safe and thriving future for all?
• The speed of change + the need to learn “beyond the syllabus”
• How breakdowns create huge opportunities for breakthroughs
• Understanding incumbent incentives to scare (vs empower) us
• The five capacities that prepare us for any future
• The value of empathy when designing, shaping and creating
• Why we must put humans at the center of our technological future
• The need for ethical business models + new approaches to distribute productivity
• Why NOW matters
The Forces Shaping The Enterprise Of The Future.
It’s not easy to let go of the playbook we’re all used to, but the future demands we let go of outdated “best practices” and instead learn to sense and respond in real time. Why? Simply put, there are several very big shifts happening simultaneously that are reshaping business and society - that will require equally big shifts in how we respond - especially if we intend to remain relevant in the years ahead. These include:
• Radically escalating expectations for performance/delivery
• The calculus of exponential change
• The growing emphasis on stakeholders (vs only investors)
• The need for long-term versus short-term thinking
• Redressing systemic injustice and climate instability
• A fundamental shift in “talent”
The Future of Work and Working.
Culturally we’ve come to define work as a job we are paid to do. However, it is becoming clear that this is a very limiting definition that distorts our view of what the future really needs and expects ahead. As we imagine a world heavily influenced by exponential technologies, how will our experiences and roles shift? What are the issues and opportunities this will bring when we consider:
• Worker wellbeing
• How to attract the talent of the future
• Becoming an irresistible organization
• Scaling from a culture of efficiency to a culture of learning
• Four scenarios for the future of work
• The important distinction between the future of work and working
• What it means to be status fluid and why it’s so important
© 2022 Executive Speakers Bureau. All Rights Reserved.
Design and Developed by eBiz Solutions
Executive Speakers Bureau consistently receives praises about our speed and efficiency. From the beginning of your event planning, our extensive online speaker database and resourceful staff allow us to quickly equip you with the best speaker for your event.
Need a last minute speaker? No worries. Our speed and efficiency help us give you ideas for speakers in one hour or less.