$15,000 - $20,000
$10,000 - $15,000
PAUL EPSTEIN is a former high-level executive for multiple NFL and NBA teams and the bestselling author of The Power of Playing Offense. In 2022, he was named one of SUCCESS magazine’s top thought leaders who get results—alongside Tony Robbins, Brené Brown, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Mel Robbins—and his work has been featured on ESPN, NBC, Fox Business, and in USA Today.
In nearly 15 years as a leader in the world of pro sports, Paul helped take NBA teams from the bottom of the league in revenue to the top two, broke every premium sales revenue metric in Super Bowl history while in the NFL’s league office, opened a billion-dollar stadium, and founded the San Francisco 49ers Talent Academy, where he was known as the “Why Coach.”
As an award-winning keynote speaker, Paul’s impact continues off stage providing leadership development and culture transformation programs for companies and teams including Amazon, Disney, Johnson & Johnson, NASA, the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Dallas Cowboys.
He’s also the founder of the Win Monday community (an elite personal and professional development network) and host of the Win Monday podcast, where he interviews high-profile guests who reveal their secrets of confidence and work-life mastery.
When he’s not on stage as a global keynote speaker, Epstein puts his insights to daily practice, serving as chief impact officer for PurposePoint and senior advisor for the Why Institute.
Next up? Paul is slated to launch his second book in 2023, Better Decisions Faster: Unshakable Confidence when You Need it Most.
The Power of Playing Offense in Defensive Environments
How to Lead with Courage while Navigating Uncertainty
Global upheaval, unrelenting change, and economic uncertainty have us all playing defense.
The result: confidence gaps that drive defensive mindsets and actions at organizations all over the world. But what if you had a playbook for playing offense — CONFIDENTLY pursuing and achieving meaningful goals and breakthrough performance — while everyone else is sheltering in place?
This is exactly what Paul delivers in this flagship keynote inspired by 15 years of leading teams in the NFL/NBA and his bestselling book, The Power of Playing Offense: a Leaders Playbook for Personal and Team Transformation.
Every audience member will walk away with a 5-pillar Playing Offense framework, curated for universal insights and actionable takeaways to implement in any industry or organization.
- Identify the keys to attracting, engaging, and retaining talent with confidence
- Inspire your team to leverage purpose as a driver of commitment and performance
- Learn to build an environment of intrinsic motivation, no carrots or sticks required
- Cultivate a culture of grit and resilience to endure any climate
- Understand the best and ‘next practices’ of trust building, empathy, and belonging
- Know what the greatest leaders do, and how to scale these behaviors across organizations
How to Make Better Decisions Faster
Unshakable Confidence when you Need it Most
Even the most elite performers can rush to bad judgements, become paralyzed by indecision, or get worn down by decision fatigue.
In this keynote, Paul reveals the streamlined three-step process he’s used to turn around major sports franchises — from the locker room to the boardroom. Avoid decision traps, move forward clear and CONFIDENT, and make the best out of your MVDs: Most Valuable Decisions.
Discover the secrets to always making the right call when it comes to:
🚥 Picking Strategy A or Strategy B
🚥 Choosing who (and when) to hire, fire, or promote
🚥 Deciding whether to spend your time on X, Y, or Z
🚥 Moving forward with a deal or hitting the eject button
The secret? The Head-Heart-Hands equation: a simple and repeatable process that taps into the power of our three most basic human tools for making better decisions faster.
- Flip fear and uncertainty into clarity and confidence
- Empower leaders and talent to become highly decisive, aware, and intentional in their actions
- Acquire an operating framework designed for speed, efficiency, and winning time back
- Learn a simple, holistic method to promote personal and professional well-being
- Build high-trust teams through heightened authenticity and collaboration
- Leave with a playbook where everybody knows what to say “yes” to and what to say “no” to
Purpose in Action: Scaling Championship Culture
How to Apply North Stars on Monday Morning
Every company has a purpose. The challenge is not in identifying it, it’s in bringing it to life…through daily action, that scales. This keynote exists to ensure that your team’s collective and individual purpose is the cultural foundation of everything you do. It represents who you are, what you stand for, and how you show up—all in one.
Once optimized for action, purpose can be the strongest unifier we have, a 365 driver of performance and engagement, a magnet for recruiting, the glue of retention, the soul of leadership, and the DNA of WHY we do what we do. Ultimately, it’s how we scale championship culture - with CONFIDENCE.
Paul is an expert at putting purpose in action, once known as the “WHY Coach” of the San Francisco 49ers and now senior advisor for the WHY Institute, he became fixated on not allowing a WHY or purpose to stay a distant North Star. Instead, he got obsessed with applying it on Monday morning, one decision and action at a time.
He’s since been training these principles to organizations worldwide, all in the spirit of WINNING MONDAY with purpose, on purpose.
- From organizational to individual purpose, learn how to align and connect both
- Hear the latest research on the ROI of Purpose and how it ties to confidence and performance
- Engage with activities to apply purpose to daily decisions, behaviors, and actions
- Understand how to scale purpose across teams, organizations, and micro-cultures
- Learn how purpose can elevate the mental, social, and emotional wellbeing of your team
- Leave with the habits and rituals required to make purpose in action ‘stick’
Closing the Confidence Gap in Sales
The Mindset and Game Plan Required to WIN
Sales is the lifeblood of every organization. Without it, there is no business to operate. No people to employ. No purpose to fulfill. No impact to ignite in the market.
CONFIDENCE is what makes it all possible.
Paul realized how confidence can be the ultimate separator and competitive advantage needed to win as a sales leader in the NFL and NBA, breaking the all-time Super Bowl revenue record, surpassing billion-dollar goals while opening new NFL stadiums, and transforming cellar-dwelling NBA teams from 28th in league revenue to 2nd.
This keynote unpacks exactly how he and his teams did it. The lessons and insights are industry agnostic and universally applicable.
It’s the perfect blend of sales mindset and winning psychology, coupled with tactical toolkits to maximize confidence and achieve breakthrough performance…immediately.
Learn the best practices of elite performers and how they separate from the pack
- Identify the confidence gaps that get in the way of optimal and sustainable performance
- Discover the habits and rituals required for daily growth and success
- Understand the secrets and tactics of overcoming adversity and navigating uncertainty
- Acquire a process to unlock your mindset, lead with authenticity, and drive purposeful action
- Leave with a toolkit to drive greater passion, impact, and results to Win Monday, and beyond
© 2023 Executive Speakers Bureau. All Rights Reserved.
Design and Developed by eBiz Solutions
Executive Speakers Bureau consistently receives praises about our speed and efficiency. From the beginning of your event planning, our extensive online speaker database and resourceful staff allow us to quickly equip you with the best speaker for your event.
Need a last minute speaker? No worries. Our speed and efficiency help us give you ideas for speakers in one hour or less.